Charles B. Phillips
– Mr. Phillips is a patent attorney that practices in all areas of intellectual property law, including preparation and prosecution of patent, trademark, and copyright applications. He has prepared and prosecuted U.S. patent applications in technical fields including power tools, electrical motors, semiconductors, batteries, vehicle brake systems, autonomous vehicles, and computer software. Mr. Phillips has also prepared and prosecuted hundreds of U.S. design patent applications for many types of designs. In addition, he frequently collaborates with counsel in Europe, Canada, and China in connection with the prosecution and filing of foreign and PCT patent applications. He is a member of the bar of the State of Indiana, and is registered to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana as well as the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Mr. Phillips received a B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, graduating summa cum laude, from The Ohio State University, and an A.A.S in Electromechanical Engineering, with honors, from the Central Ohio Technical College. Mr. Phillips received his J.D. degree from The Ohio State University School of Law, where he was the Business Editor for the technology law journal I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society.
- A.A.S. Electromechanical Engineering, Central Ohio Technical College – 2001
- B.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Ohio State University – 2005
- J.D. The Ohio State University School of Law – 2008
- Admitted to Indiana State Bar
- Admitted to Practice before the U.S. District Court – Northern District of Indiana
- Admitted to Practice before the U.S. District Court – Southern District of Indiana
- Registered to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Association Committees/Activity
- Vice Chair of the Intellectual Property Section – Indiana State Bar Association – 2019-2020